A prehistoric family are forced to flee their cave after it's destroyed by a disaster that threatens to change their lives forever in this animated adventure featuring the voices of Nicolas Cage and Emma Stone. As a protective caveman father leads his family out of harm's way, the clan crosses paths with a resourceful teen named Guy (voice of Ryan Reynolds), who offers to help them reach a distant land where they'll be safe from an impending catastrophe that will soon alter the entire world. Catherine Keener, Clark Duke, and Cloris Leachman round out the cast of vocal performers.
- Fish Out Of Water
- End Of The World
- Nicolas Cage as Grug, a caveman who is the well-meaning, overprotective but outdated patriarch of the Croods family
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy, a nomadic caveboy who is not as strong as the Croods but prefers using his brain and comes up with various ideas. He is accompanied by a sloth-like pet named Belt.
- Emma Stone as Eep, a cavegirl who is Grug and Ugga's eldest daughter and is filled with curiosity and a desire for adventure
- Catherine Keener as Ugga, a cavewoman who is Grug's wife. She is more open-minded than Grug, but has a hard job to make her family safe.
- Clark Duke as Thunk, a caveboy who is Grug and Ugga's son. Thunk is the 6-foot-9, 320 pound and 9 year old middle child, who is not smart, has bad coordination but has a good heart
- Cloris Leachman as Gran, a very old (45 years) and ferocious cavewoman who is the mother-in-law of Grug.
- Characters with no voice:
- Sandy, Grug and Ugga's ferocious baby daughter, who still bites, and does not speak but growls